13 Oct Warming Pumpkin Soup
Get toasty this afternoon with a nourishing, creamy, vibrant and warming pumpkin soup recipe.
Pumpkins are full of flavour AND nutritional benefits… Pumpkin seeds are fabulous for cleansing the digestive tract! Being high in curcumin means they have anti-fungal properties which in turn will relieve the digestive tract from parasites. They also give you a winter glow from beta-carotene which converts to vitamin A in the body!
Roasting the pumpkin beforehand advocates a smoky depth to this soup. Top with pumpkin seeds and garnished with alfalfa sprouts. Super creamy with the added secret BNUTZ VANILLA AND MACADAMIA NUT ingredient to give you this wonderful warming pumpkin soup recipe.
2 tbsp of coconut oil
1 medium-sized pumpkin, peeled and de-seeded
keep the pumpkin seeds to toast
4 onions, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp of coriander powder
2 tsp of cumin powder
½ tsp of turmeric
½ tsp of cayenne
500ml of fresh chicken or veggie stock
1 can of coconut milk
Alfalfa sprouts to garnish
- Chop the pumpkin into bitesize chunks.
- Heat the oil in a large pot until it has melted, add the shallots and cook for 5 minutes with a pinch of salt until golden.
- Add the garlic and stir for 30 seconds then add the dried spices and 2 tbsp of the stock, stir well for 30 seconds until fragrant, then add the pumpkin and a big pinch of salt.
- Stir for a minute, coating the pumpkin in the spices then add the rest of the stock and coconut milk plus another pinch of salt.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer, simmer for 40 minutes until the pumpkin is cooked through then puree until smooth.
- Roast the pumpkin seeds on an oven tray and place in the oven for 15minutes. Garnish with alfalfa sprouts and serve.