12 Oct Stuffed Butternut Squash
This super sexy butternut squash stuffed with rice lentils and tomatoes is packed full of nutritious and fresh ingredients. It is so easy to make and will keep in the fridge too so you can easily prepare it in advance.
1 Medium Butternut Squash
Olive Oil for Roasting
100g Vegan Feta Cheese or Cheese Alternative
30g Nutritional Yeast
1 Small Carrot
1 Red Pepper
2 Spring Onions
Half a Tin Puy Lentils
1. Heat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Halve the butternut squash, scoop out the seeds and score the flesh with a sharp knife.
2. Arrange the two halves on a baking tray, drizzle with a little olive oil, season with freshly ground black pepper and sea salt, sprinkle with dried oregano and cook for 40 minutes.
3. Take out the oven, add the chopped peppers to the tray alongside the squash and cook for a further 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, mix the rest of the ingredients.
5. Take the tray out of the oven and carefully transfer the peppers to the stuffing mix.
6. Pre prepare the rice and then stir together and spoon the filling onto the butternut squash.
7. Return to the oven for 10 mins. Serve.