03 Aug Lentil Ragu and Linguine
Ready in 40 minutes
Great For a Dinner Party, Girls night in, Student friendly.
- 1 tbsp. of butter or coconut oil
- 1 white onion, sliced
- 2 asparagus sticks (sliced)
- 1 tbsp. BNUTZ cacao and hazelnut butter
- 1 celery stick, sliced
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 2 carrots, finely sliced
- 2 tsp of freshly chopped thyme leaves
- 3 tbsp. of tomato puree400g tin of lentils
- 500ml of chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- Sea salt and pepper
- 200g of linguine, brown rice, spelt or wholemeal
- 1 tbsp. of parsley
Place the coconut oil in a large pot, add the onion and sauté with a pinch of salt for 5 minutes until golden. Add the celery, garlic and carrots, asparagus and sauté for another 5 minutes. Stir in the thyme and tomato puree then add in the lentils, stock, BNUTZ and can of tomatoes. Cook on a low heat for 30 minutes, adding a little water if it gets dry. Season with salt and pepper.
While this is cooking, cook the linguine as per the instructions on the pack.
Serve together with seasoning and a sprinkle of chopped parsley.