13 Oct Fluffy Sweet Potato Dark Chocolate Muffins
These delicious sweet potato dark chocolate muffins are a great dessert, filling and guilt-free!
Made with delicious BNUTZ cacao and hazelnut nut butter.
1 ½ cups mashed sweet potato which is 2 and half cooked sweet potatoes
2 eggs (or vegan egg replacement)
¼ cup agave syrup
2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons of cacao powder
1 tablespoon milled flaxseed
1 tablespoon goji berries
1tablespoon of trial mix nuts
1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 ½ cups spelt flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup dark chocolate chips
Spread with BNUTZ cacao and hazelnut butter.
- Place the sweet potatoes in an oven set to 190c. slice the sweet potatoes with a knife. Place in the oven and roast for 35 minutes.
- Once you can put the knife in the sweet potato and its tender, it’s ready. cool for 10 mins. Then mash 1 1/2 cups, set aside.
- Then line a tin with 12 cup muffin cases.
- In a large bowl whisk together all of the dry ingredients (spelt flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt).
- In a separate bowl mix the sweet potato, eggs (or replacement), agave syrup, vanilla and almond mix. Mix together until well combined, it will create a smooth and creamy texture.
- Add both bowls together and mix together until everything is mixed well.
- Divide batter evenly into muffin cases and bake for 25-35 minutes
- Muffins are best served warm with BNUTZ CACAO AND HAZELNUT BUTTER.