10 Oct Eat the rainbow: Pancakes!
EAT THE RAINBOW.
Salivating over this photo? Thought it would get those taste buds going ?. A recipe you must try! Fluffy & wholesome almond flour pancakes! Let’s talk you through the layers(top to bottom); First up we have,
- Cacao and cordyceps powder (perfect immune and energy booster)
- BNUTZ Espresso nut butter (boost your metabolism keeping you fuller for longer)
- Turmeric powder (powerful anti-inflammatory)
- Açai powder (loaded with antioxidants)
- Beetroot juice (help lower blood pressure)
- BNUTZ Vanilla and macadamia nut butter (maintain good cholesterol levels)
- Matcha powder (detoxifies, boosts energy whilst calming the mind due to being high in L-Theanine.
- Pumpkin spice and Lucuma powder (low-glycemic sweetener giving a warm caramel taste. Rich in iron, calcium and zinc)
Not your ordinary pancakes-BETTER, far BETTER! Almond flour produces a far lighter pancake than its stodgy, glutinous counterpart. If that’s not a great way to start the day then I don’t know what is;)… Perfect if your hosting for quests! This sure will impress them! Happy FRIYAY!! ?? and remember stack em high.
Recipe: Ingredients ( for the main base)-170g almond flour-3 tablespoons of coconut sugar-1 teaspoon of salt-2 teaspoons of vitamin C -2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar-2 tbsp melted coconut oil-300ml oat milk (or any milk alternative of your choice)-2 teaspoons of vanilla extract(for the rainbow?)2tbsp cacao powder 1 tablespoon BNUTZ Vanilla and Macadamia Nut Butter,1tablespoon turmeric powder 1tbsp beetroot juice1 tablespoon of Acia Powder1tbsp matcha powder, 1 Tablespoon of Lucuma Powder
1. Using an electric whisk, add all of your wet ingredients first, and whisk for 3-4 minutes until foamy and fluffed up. Using a sieve, add all of your dry ingredients and gently fold together.
2. Separate your batter equally into eight bowls and add each of the ingredients into each bowl. Stir until combined.
3. In a non-stick frying pan, add coconut oil and add about 30g of pancake batter into the frying pan. ( about half of your batter per bowl, so you should have two pancakes per bowl.)
4. Leave to fry until the pancake starts to bubble -this should take around 1 minute per side. Repeat until you have 16 pancakes.
5. To serve, stack them high, add your favourite berries, vegan cream and maple syrup.