25 Jul BNUTZ Famous Banana Loaf
Bursting with fruit flavour, added BNUTZ butter provides this bread with a crunchy, nutty texture, as well as wholegrain goodness with spelt flour. For those mornings you don’t have time to make breakfast, wrap a slice of this deliciously moist and comforting treat. On the markets, I love watching peoples eyes light up like a kid on Christmas morning when they take a slice.
This recipe provides warmth and creates magic, making everything better!
For this healthy uplifting banana bread recipe, your only a few simple ingredients away from an out of this world experience. its made with Spelt flour and naturally sweetened with coconut sugar an unrefined sugar. Its vegan and can also be gluten-free by swapping the flour to a gluten-free alternative.
- 285g spelt flour
- 1tsp vitamin C powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 90g vegan butter
- 180g coconut sugar
- 2 equivalent eggs using chia seeds: 1 tbsp chia seeds to 30ml water
- 4 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 85ml oat milk mixed with 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large tablespoon BNUTZ vanilla and macadamia nut butter
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Sift the spelt flour, vitamin c and salt into a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, cream the vegan butter and coconut sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the chia seed paste, mashed bananas, oat milk and vanilla extract to the vegan butter and coconut sugar mixture and mix well. Fold in the flour mixture.
- Grease a 20cm x 12.5cm/8in x 5in loaf tin and pour the cake mixture into the tin.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for about an hour, or until well-risen and golden-brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool in the tin for a few minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely before serving.