10 Oct BNUTZ Espresso pancakes
Celebrating the marriage of two perfect things; espresso nut butter and cake! A breakfast staple! coconut flour produces a far lighter pancake.
50g coconut flour
1tsp baking powder
pinch of seasalt
3 tbsp coconut oil, melted.
2 equivalent eggs (1tsp chia seeds to 30ml water)
1 tbsp BNUTZ nut butter
100ml coconut or almond milk
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre of the flour. Pour in the oil and eggs and whisk gradually incorporating the flour. Whisk in enough milk to achieve a good consistency.
- Heat a little coconut oil in a large, non-stick frying pan and drop 2 tbsp of batter. Fry the pancakes for 1-2 minutes. Wait until there are bubbles covering the surface.
- Flip them over and continue to cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Repeat the process until the batter has been used up.
- Serve with an extra dollop of your chosen BNUTZ nut butter and extra fruit.